Let's imagine that you read an article about the choice of oil for the engine of your car and suddenly notice in the text the words "buy lipstick." This is an outdated but still used SEO method. This method means that keys are added to texts but they can be not suitable for the topic.
Later, specialists began to try to use the direct entry of keys. This also applies to outdated SEO, although it still works in some areas.
Now, another method is often used - tracking of technical uniqueness, number of occurrences of keywords, spam of text, etc.
This usual way of promotion is a thing of the past because innovative LSI-copywriting starts working.
What does “LSI-copywriting” mean?
Let's start with LSI or latent semantic indexing, which is translated into a more understandable language as the method of indexing, because of which the search engines Yandex and Google can pay attention to the overall meaning of the text, and not just on the uniqueness and richness of keywords.
For example, you entered "LSI-copywriting" into the search box. The robot will find many pages with similar terms and abbreviations, names of organizations. But quality articles about SEO and LSI-texts will be in the first places of search results. The others will be on the last pages.
Now let's talk about LSI-copywriting. This is the writing of texts based on the technology of hidden semantic indexing, texts in which it is important not to have a keyword but content.
I will show you the difference between SEO-copywriting and LSI-copywriting:
- Writing text based on a list of keywords with their mandatory entry into tags, headings, first paragraphs, etc.
- Work with the density of keywords in the text.
- Work with technical uniqueness.
- Writing text based on a list of keywords, with emphasis on meaning, not on the occurrence of these keys.
- Addition of words to the text that are associated with the main queries.
- Work on the utility and semantic uniqueness of the material.
When did the search robots start using LSI?
The latent-semantic analysis was patented in 1988. However, search engines began to gradually introduce LSI about 5 years ago.
In 2011, Google began to use the search algorithm (Panda). Its goal is to combat texts of poor quality. Panda evaluates user interaction with the site - the level of human involvement in the study of a page.
When forming a person's opinion about the page, the key role is played by the text. Therefore, when Panda was introduced, the delivery got rid of a heap of sites with poor quality content - publications that were not created for people but for typing in keywords.
Google introduced the Kolibri algorithm in 2013. From that moment search requests have been processed not only by keys but by meaning too. However, it is not the end - in 2016 the search process was improved, RankBrain ranked the signal, a kind of artificial intelligence that should be able to understand not the separate meaning of each word and not even the general content, but the essence of the whole phrase.
The innovation started to work since people have begun to enter laconic queries with keys into the search string, and began to use "natural" queries - phrases from colloquial speech, sometimes long and complex.
A similar situation is observed in Yandex. In November 2016 Yandex pleased us with the algorithm of Palekh. Thanks for it, interest in writing LSI-texts has dramatically increased.
The search engines are increasingly focusing on content, not on technical indicators (the presence of keys, the number of entries, etc.). Now we need to talk not only about the "relevance of the words-beacons", but also about the "relevance of meanings". What the latest trend in semantic search is?
How to write texts nowadays?
- Uncover the essence of keywords and avoid non-topic queries. When you finish the article, ask yourself: if I enter the key in the search box, will my text fit as a better answer?
A little trick: use the technique of "Skyscraper". Find the most interesting material and create a more perfect text.
- Unfortunately, now the search engines understand the essence of not all requests, but are rapidly developing in this direction. Therefore, we combine two methods for the best result when it is really necessary. And until you cannot give up permanently from the traditional model of writing texts. Nevertheless, under any conditions, we set the point, rather than the keys, at the heart of the matter. The main thing is that the readers like the material. If it is necessary, we slightly conjure over optimization without damage to a user but to please the search engines.
- Do not forget to track the result. If the article does not fall into the TOP, it is better to "finish" it, starting with the meaning - some moments to unfold a little more, add pictures, conduct a study. The material should respond better to others to the user's request.
- Include in the semantic core of the page not only the main queries but also additional keywords. They will help the search robot understand the meaning of the text better, so they will provide greater chances of attracting traffic to a site.
There are at least 3 simple and free ways to find LSI-phrases: Search Tips - Analyze user's demand; recommendations of the search engines - pay attention to the end of the first page of search results; look at the column "what people were looking for with words" for instance, in Yandex Wordstat.
- The most important thing is to delve into the topic, write unique, useful and interesting texts that you would read with great pleasure.
I hope you like our texts and feel pleasure reading it. This article should help you to learn how to write similar texts by yourself. Now you have all information and tips for it.